Hermes Bookstore recognizes the importance of the security of your Personal Data as well as your electronic transactions and takes all the necessary measures, with the most modern and advanced methods, in order to ensure your maximum possible security. We have taken all necessary steps to be fully harmonized with the General Regulation of Personal Data Protection and to be able to guarantee the security of all information, which is related to your personal data and your transactions. .
Personal data, as defined in Article 4 of the ICCPR, is the information that may be used to identify and contact you, in particular your name, your postal address, your e-mail address, the manner in which (eg credit or debit card) and your phone number, as well as other information when combined with your personal information.
The company BYRAKI BROS OE (Hermes Bookstore) in the context of the exercise of its business activities, processes the personal data of its associates and is responsible for Processing in accordance with the definition given in Article 4 of the General Regulation of Personal Data Protection.
1.Personal Data Protection
The protection of personal data is governed by the new General Regulation on Personal Data Protection, which is the new regulatory framework of the European Union (EU) in the field in question. The object of the law is to establish the conditions for the processing of personal data, the protection of the rights and freedoms of natural persons and in particular the right to protection of personal data.
1.1 Collection of your personal data.
The website www.e-ermis.gr was designed so that users can visit it without having to reveal their identity and without having to provide personal data unless they wish. However, for the use of certain services of our website, it is necessary to provide us with some of your personal information in order to identify you and your personalized service.
a) Personal data you provide to us for product orders.
- In addition, when you order products, you will be asked to provide payment information, to guarantee and guarantee that the payment information you provide to us when you place your order is valid and correct, and to confirm that you are the person mentioned in the Billing Information. This information allows us to process your order, provide you with our services and inform you about its status.
- From the time you offer to purchase products, you expressly authorize us to carry out credit checks and, where the Company deems it necessary, to transmit or receive from time to time information (including updated information) about you to or from third parties, such as, for example, credit reports and verify your identity. In addition, especially for large orders, Hermes Bookstore may call or contact the customer in other ways to verify their identity before sending the order. Sometimes we can ask for your phone number and we may give it to the shipping company that will deliver your order.
- If you wish to contact us, you must fill in the required fields, details regarding the name, surname, company, email address, landline and mobile phone, city, country and postal code, in order to be identified and to be in able to answer you and serve you properly.
- If you wish to receive newsletters from www.e-ermis.gr and to be informed about news and offers, you should check the "Yes" or "No" fields that appear when placing your order.
- If you wish to subscribe to our Newsletter, you must fill in your required e-mail address and mobile phone in the provided field, in order for us to send you informative and advertising e-mails and / or electronic messages.
b) Personally data from the use of electronic services on our website.
- We may also collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the Services in ways that we describe at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but your ability to use certain services may be affected.
c) Personal data published by third parties.
- In the context of the legal interest of www.e-ermis.gr to create purchasing interest for its products and services, we may process information that is published on the internet in search engines and social media applications (Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), in order to create personalized promotion and information of the potential customer by phone and / or email for the above commercial purpose. www.e-ermis.gr has accounts on various social media such as Facebook, Instagram which often include functionality so you can express your liking, share or comment on our posts or participate in contests through third party social networking applications . These social networking applications may collect and use information about your use of our website. Any personal information you provide through such social networking applications may be collected and used by other members of that social networking app, your interaction with emails, and in general the messages you send us through social networking applications, details of your contact with the company such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, device identifiers or other unique identifiers and these exchanges are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing each social networking application. The legal basis is the voluntary publication of your information in search engines and your registration in social media services where they are taken as explicit consent for the publication of information depending on the settings of the applications that you manage.www.e-ermis.gr does not control, nor is it responsible for the way in which these social networking applications collect and process your personal data.
d) Personal data for commercial transactions.
- We keep in our information systems a file of your transactions with our company, the contracts with our customers and suppliers, personal data for the commercial transactions (sales, purchases, payments, etc.), contact details for these processes as well as information about the reports we make.
In short, we ask for as much information as we need so that you can enjoy a unique shopping experience, consistent delivery of the products you ordered, secure payment of your order and personalized service based on your needs and preferences. Legal bases for keeping and processing a file with your personal data from www.e-ermis.gr is your explicit and free consent (GCP article 6 par. 1a) which is granted with the voluntary completion of your personal data, the execution of the contractual obligations (GCP article 6 par. 1b), the execution of legal obligations (GCP article 6 par. 1c) as well as the legal interest of e-ermis.gr (GCP article 6 par. 1f) .
1.2 Access and Use of your personal data
Any personal data that you declare anywhere on the pages and services of the websites www.e-ermis.gr, are kept exclusively for reasons related to your transactions with us, the improvement of the services provided and the operation of the respective service and may not be used by any third party (except as provided by law to the competent authorities only). www.e-ermis.gr may not share your personal information with others without your consent, unless legally required. Please note that under certain conditions permitted or required by law or court order, you may collect, use, and disclose your personal data, which has been collected online, without your consent.
In any case, the employees of our company who have access to your personal data are specific and the access of unauthorized persons to your personal data is prohibited. Only authorized employees have access to your transaction information and only when necessary, e.g. for the processing of your applications. The company requires its employees and the maintainers of the website, to provide its users with the level of security mentioned in this privacy statement.
Confidentiality is self-evident. The same basic principles that govern traditional transactions apply in the case of e-commerce. All information transmitted by the user / member to e-ermis.gr is confidential and we have taken all necessary measures to use them only to the extent that it is deemed necessary in the context of the services provided. For your own safety, you should also treat all information provided through the service as confidential and confidential and do not disclose any information to third parties.
1.3 Basic Principles of processing your personal data
- The processing of your personal data takes place in a legal, fair and transparent manner
- The collection of your personal data is carried out only for defined, clear and legal purposes
- The collection of your personal data is adequate and relevant
- Personal data is accurate and up to date
- Inaccurate personal data is corrected or deleted
- Personal data remains confidential and securely stored
- Your personal data will not be shared with third parties unless it is necessary for them to be offered services by agreement
- In case of violation of your personal data, our company will notify the incident without delay to the Personal Data Protection Authority, and if deemed necessary to you and will take all reasonable measures to prevent / limit your further damage.
1.4 Duration of the processing of your personal data
When processing is required by the provisions of the applicable legal framework, your personal data will be stored for as long as the relevant provisions require. When processing is performed under a contract you have entered into with us (eg ordering, selling), your personal data will be stored for as long as necessary for the performance of the contract and for the establishment, exercise, and / or support of legal claims based on the contract. For the purposes of promoting products and services (marketing activities), your personal data is kept until the withdrawal of your consent, which can be done by you freely and at any time.
1.5 Your rights
As users of the website and the e-shop of e-ermis.gr you have all the rights granted by the GKPD in relation to the protection of your personal data. More specifically, you have the right to be informed at any time by e-ermis.gr on issues concerning the manner, purpose, duration of processing of your personal data and the manner of exercising your rights. You also have the right to request access, correction or deletion of your personal data, or restriction of processing, or opposition to processing or in automated decision making, as well as the right to portability. e-ermis.gr allows you, if you are a user of its e-shop, to correct, change, supplement or delete the personal data and information that you have provided to the company by sending an e-mail. If you choose to delete information, the information will be deleted from the files of e-ermis.gr immediately, without prejudice to the personal data that are necessary for us to exercise our legal claims. To report problems regarding the operation of the website or to ask any question or to exercise your rights do not hesitate to contact us through the website www.e-ermis.gr or via e-mail at email@example.com
1.7 Third Party Websites
2. The security of our e-shop
e-ermis.gr is committed to the security of the data it collects about the users of its website. Our company has adopted procedures for the protection of your personal data that are either presented on the website or provided by phone. These procedures protect your personal data from any unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, misuse or destruction. They also help to certify that this information is accurate and used correctly. This security is achieved by the following methods:
2.1 Ensuring the Confidentiality of the Transfer of Your Personal Data
To ensure the confidentiality of data transfer, we use the SSL-128bit encryption protocol. The system is certified by Verisign, a company that specializes in transaction security.
2.2 Controlled Access (firewall).
Access to our systems (servers) is controlled by a firewall, which allows the use of specific services by customers / users while prohibiting access to systems and databases with confidential data and information of the company.
By giving your consent you responsibly declare that you are over 16 years old. If you are under 16 years old, you may use our website and its services only with the participation and approval of a parent or guardian.
3. Renewals and changes.
The website www.e-ermis.gr is constantly updated and expanded both functionally and in terms of products and services, with the consequence that it renews the current policy of protection of the secrecy of transactions. We encourage you to read this page at regular intervals to be informed of any changes to the content of this protection policy.
Unfortunately, no security system is guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we do not take responsibility for the access, alteration or loss of your personal data, which is due to external factors beyond our sphere of influence or for reasons of force majeure. By using this website, or by providing personal information to us in any way, you agree that we may contact you electronically regarding the security, privacy and administrative matters relating to your use of the website.
Monday - Friday:
09:00 - 14:00 & 18:00 - 21:00